In November of 2013, Ardent Partners published our latest report, The State of Contingent Workforce Management 2014: A Framework for Success.
The State of Contingent Workforce Management 2014This independent research showcases an in-depth look into the current “state” of contingent workforce management (CWM) by drawing specifically on the experiences, performance, and perspective of nearly 200 executives in the contingent workforce industry (including procurement, human resources, finance, etc.). In order to generate this report, we followed a rigorous research process that has been developed over years spent researching the supply management market. The research in this report represents the web-based survey responses of nearly 200 business leaders as well as direct 30-60 minute interviews with more than 20 finance, procurement, operations and HR professionals (all of whom took the survey). These participants shared their strategies and intentions, as well as their operational and performance results to help us define Best-in-Class contingent workforce management performance and understand the strategies and capabilities the leading groups leverage to obtain their advantage. Respondents also shared the way that contingent workforce performance is measured within their enterprise. The research in this report is drawn from respondents of the following demographics:
- Job Function: 51% procurement; 26% HR; 9% IT; 7% supply chain; 5% operations; 3% finance; 6% other
- Job Role: 22% VP-level and above; 30% director-level; 40% manager-level; 8% other
- Company Revenue: 61% Large (revenue > $1 billion); 14% Mid-market (revenue between $250 million and $1 billion); 26% Small (revenue < $250 million)
- Region: 72% North America; 16% EMEA; 10% Asia-Pacific; 1% South America
- Industry: Nineteen distinct industries are represented. High-Tech represented the largest industry (19%). Health Care, Public Sector, Education, Financial Services, IT Services, and Manufacturing are the other largest industries in the survey pool.