The year 2016 is going to be an interesting one for the procurement industry. Based on what we’ve seen over the years, as well as our experience working with more than 150 enterprise clients, we think there are going to be a lot of changes. That’s why on Thursday, January 28, 2016, Beeline sponsored a webinar titled Procurement 2016: Big Trends and Predictions.
- Andrew Bartolini, Ardent Partners
- Christopher Dwyer, Ardent Partners
- Al Jacobs, Puridiom
- Meredith Johnson, Beeline.
Contingent Workforce Management (CWM) Predictions for 2016
- Total Workforce Management begins to realize its idyllic potential as the “future” of talent management. Procurement, therefore, has a golden opportunity to lead the charge and work with HR by introducing strategies and solutions that will enable the executive suite to better assess, vet, deploy, pay, and analyze talent within the organization.
- “On-demand” becomes the true global standard for all talent engagement. Find W2’s, independent contractors, consultants, etc. all from one software.
- Integration, analytics, and collaboration all fuel the continued strategic rise of CWM.
- The frameworks built by leading organizations will spark the next wave of innovation.
3 Big Trends to Watch
- The Rise of On-Demand Talent:The webinar revealed that 70% of companies expect their contingent workforce to grow steadily in 2016 and that 95% of businesses see non-employee talent as vital. Expect the rise of the contingent workforce to continue.
- Big Data Gets Bigger:CPOs will need a data strategy to manage spend data, supplier performance, operational metrics, supply market pricing, unstructured data, and third-party sources.
- Functional Partnerships: This will include CPO/CFO detente, HR & Procurement, Treasury, AP & Procurement, and Product & Sourcing teams.