Self-sourcing tactics have long been a secret kept far from the watchful eyes of Procurement. To be fair, business users have had their reasons, including:
- The pressing need to combat the threat of their top talent escaping
- Increasing operational demands paired with shrinking skilled-talent pools
- Lack of internal resources to continually train new talent, and
- The increasing preference of talent to work independently
- But now, self-sourcing is emerging from the shadows as a real opportunity for procurement, operations and IT to work together with a unified objective of engaging highly-skilled talent quickly and efficiently to meet their business goals.
One factor that is driving businesses to reconsider their traditional approaches to sourcing is access to new technologies that enable self-sourcing to align with business imperatives for improved efficiency, visibility, cost management and compliance.