Beeline Privacy Notice
Beeline is committed to maintaining robust privacy protections for its users and visitors to its website. This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how we collect, use, share, and safeguard the information you provide to us through your interactions with Beeline.
This Privacy Notice applies to the Beeline website (www.Beeline.com), (our “Website”), and any platform applications, mobile apps, communications, hosted content, any forums, communities, or chat rooms we host, or events, that link to or reference this Privacy Notice, (collectively our, “Solutions”), and describes how we handle Personal Information and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your Personal Information. To the extent that any privacy notice or data protection addendum associated with any specific Beeline platform application, communication, event, or website of any specific Beeline affiliate entity differs from this Privacy Notice, the specific privacy notice or data protection addendum affiliated with that platform application, communication, event or affiliate website will take precedence. If there is a difference between this Privacy Notice and any translated, non-English version of this Privacy Notice, the U.S.-English version of this Privacy Notice will take precedence.
For purposes of this Privacy Notice the terms “we,” “us”, and “our” refer to Beeline, and “you” refers to you as a user of our Solutions or visitor to our Website.
By accessing our Website, you accept the terms of this Privacy Notice and consent to our collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information as described herein.
We are acting as a “data controller” with respect to your Personal Information when you access our Website, communicate with us, register for events, and consent to receive marketing communications from us.
We are acting as a “data processor” with respect to your Personal Information where you are a member of the contingent workforce of a Beeline customer and you interact with us through one of our platform or mobile applications.
This Privacy Notice will be available to you on our Website as well as via certain communications from us (such as upon login or via e-mails we may send to you in reference to our Solutions).
We are committed to individual privacy and recognize our responsibility for protecting the Personal Information in our possession and care. This Beeline Privacy Notice embodies the following principles:
Notice: At the time we collect Personal Information from you we will advise how it will be used, and to whom it will be disclosed.
Access: You will be granted access to the Personal Information you provide and will be able to submit corrections to the information where you believe it to be inaccurate (see Inquiries below).
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation: We will use Personal Information for the purpose of processing it on behalf of and as directed by you, or in the limited circumstances where we are the data controller for marketing or product improvement purposes and securing our platforms and Website. In the event that we receive a complaint regarding our processing of your Personal Information, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and current as updated by you.
Onward Transfer and Choice: We will only share your Personal Information with third parties that will support your use of our Solutions and the Website. Such third parties agree to maintain appropriate procedures to safeguard your Personal Information and use it only for the purposes of providing the services for which they were retained by us.
In the event that we receive a lawful request to disclose your Personal Information by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement needs, we will comply with the request and will notify you of such request where required by applicable law.
Security: We will treat all Personal Information as confidential and will maintain internal procedures and security safeguards designed to prevent inappropriate disclosure or misuse of your Personal Information by our personnel. Our personnel are responsible for protecting your Personal Information, are trained in the applicable policies, and are expected to adhere to the procedures and intent of this Privacy Notice.
Enforcement: If you believe that we have not properly handled your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, you have the right to contact us (see Inquiries below), and we will conduct an investigation and report our findings to you in accordance with applicable law. If you are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, you may also make use of the appropriate Data Protection Authorities; we will cooperate with EU, UK, or Swiss Data Protection Authorities to investigate and resolve complaints, including complying with any resulting advice given by the Data Protection Authorities.
What is Personal Information?
"Personal Information" is any information that can reasonably be used to identify an individual and may include name, address, email address, phone number, IP address, login information (such as account number, password), or social media account information.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect data, including Personal Information, about you as you use our Website and Solutions and interact with us. We also acquire Personal Information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect Personal Information on our behalf.
We may use your Personal Information for the purposes of operating and helping to ensure the security of our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Website and Solutions, sending notices, marketing, and other communications, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
We collect Personal Information for a variety of business reasons, such as:
- Order processing, including billing and payment;
- Customer relationship management and administration;
- Creating and managing user accounts;
- Provisioning websites and platform applications and enabling the use of certain features;
- Analyzing, personalizing, improving accuracy, and enhancing user experience, communications, and interactions;
- Sending communications to you and providing you with relevant content, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from us or from our partners;
- Managing communications preferences. You can modify your communication preferences at any time by using the link provided in any email communication that you receive from us or that is sent on our behalf.
- Contract performance, delivery of our services, and customer service;
- Managing an employment application;
- Facilitating conferences, webinars, and other events; and
- Protecting Beeline, our users, platform applications, and others.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, analyzing, improving, securing, and customizing our Website and platform applications, scheduling and hosting events, and sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law(s) or otherwise with your consent.
We share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Within Beeline and any of our worldwide subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes of data processing, such as marketing, business operations, provision of platform applications, compliance with laws and contracts, security, Website or platform application functionality, or storage.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide or support our Website, platform application, services, or other transactions. Examples include processing of orders, hosting websites and platform applications, hosting seminars and other event registrations, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In the event that we or our affiliates acquire or are acquired by another business operation, or in the event of a merger, reorganization, or other similar event, your Personal Information will be shared with the acquiring, acquired, or resulting entities and their affiliates including for the purposes of the continued provision of the Website and Solutions to you as well as for the provision of additional products or services offered by the acquiring, acquired or resulting entities.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any consolidation, restructuring, or financing.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority or third party if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of Beeline, our business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Beeline does not sell, share, or otherwise provide your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of marketing the products and services of such third parties without your consent.
Your Privacy Rights
Security of Personal Information
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Beeline implements physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access.
Retention and disposal of Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our business requirements and legal obligations, to resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our rights and agreements.
We will not retain Personal Information in identifiable form when the purpose(s) for which the Personal Information was collected has been achieved and there is no legal or business need to retain such Personal Information. Thereafter, the data will either be destroyed, deleted, anonymized, and/or removed from our systems.
Like many websites and web-based applications, Beeline uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, pixels, and widgets. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to us (such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, clickstream behavior, and telemetry).
These tools help make your visit to our Website and platform applications easier, more efficient, and personalized. We also use the information to improve our Website and platform applications and provide greater service and value, to better understand your potential interest in our platform applications, and to provide you with more relevant content.
For more information, or if you would like to opt out of interest-based advertising, see How Beeline Uses Automatic Data Collection Tools.
Forums and chat rooms
If you participate in a Beeline hosted discussion forum, local communities, or chat room, you should be aware that the information you provide there (such as your public profile and comments) will be made broadly available to others and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither Beeline nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums, communities, and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions, including those related to the use of your information, which will be made available to you upon registration. Beeline is not responsible for the Personal Information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums, communities, or chat rooms. We recommend that you use the privacy features and functionality of the forums, communities, or chat rooms to protect your identity and Personal Information where available. To request removal of your Personal Information from our forums, communities or chat rooms, please contact us as set out under Inquiries below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove all Personal Information and comments. In such cases, we will provide you with a response and explanation.
Personal Information of Minors
The Beeline platform applications and Website are not designed or intended for use with the Personal Information of minors.
Automated Decision Making
Beeline does not use your Personal Information in conjunction with artificial intelligence for the purpose of automated decision making including for hiring decisions.
International Transfer and processing of personal information
Beeline is a global organization, Personal Information may be transferred to Beeline in the United States, to any Beeline subsidiary or affiliate worldwide, or to third parties and business partners as described above that are located in various jurisdictions around the world. Similarly, Personal Information may be accessed from countries where Beeline or its subsidiaries and affiliates have operations.
By using our Website and Solutions or providing any Personal Information to us, where applicable law permits, you acknowledge and accept the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
Beeline safeguards and enables the global transfer of Personal Information in a number of ways:
- European Union and the United Kingdom. Beeline utilizes the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission and the International Data Transfer Agreement and International Data Transfer Addendum approved by the UK Information Commissioner as the approved data transfer mechanisms for transferring Personal Information to countries without an adequacy decision.
- Beeline.com, LLC and its U.S.-based subsidiaries (collectively “Beeline-U.S.”) comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information transferred from the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland to the United States in reliance on Privacy Shield. Click here to learn more about Beeline’s adherence to the Privacy Shield principles.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) / California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA)
For business purposes in the last twelve months, Beeline may have collected, used, and shared Personal Information about you as described in this Privacy Notice. Each category of data that may be used by Beeline or shared with third parties is categorically outlined in this Privacy Notice.
California consumers have a right to: (1) request access, correction, and deletion of their Personal Information, (2) opt out of the sale of their Personal Information, and (3) not be discriminated against for exercising one of their California privacy rights.
All individuals have the right to request access to and deletion of the information Beeline holds about them via Inquiries.
Beeline does not sell the Personal Information of California consumers nor does it discriminate against individuals for exercising their privacy rights.
If you choose to provide Beeline with a third party's Personal Information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party's permission to do so. Examples include forwarding references or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or by contacting us as set forth under Inquiries.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your Personal Information that we process as a data controller is current and up to date. You may contact us to update your Personal Information as set forth under Inquiries.
To inquire about any aspect of this Privacy Notice, Personal Information held, or uses of your Personal Information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Beeline at 12735 Gran Bay Parkway West, Suite 130, Jacksonville, Florida 32258-4467, USA.
Where Beeline is acting as a data controller, please contact us as noted above to request access, rectification, or erasure, or to restrict processing, to object to processing, or to request data portability.
Where a request or inquiry is instead submitted to Beeline and Beeline is not the data controller, Beeline will forward the inquiries to the appropriate data controller (if known) and assist with resolving the inquiry, including providing access to the Personal Information and correcting any errors in cooperation with the data controller. For the quickest resolution, requests should always be submitted to the data controller directly.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Notice, we will post the revised version here with an updated revision date. If we make material changes to our Privacy Notice, we may also notify you by other means, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to access our Website or platform applications after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and abide by them.
This Privacy Notice was posted on April 27th, 2023
Beeline’s previous privacy notice is available here.