"Procurement organizations need to be ready to be seen as leaders in the whole digital transformation of a company"
In this third episode of CPO Open Mic, Mike Schiappa, Chief Procurement Officer at Beeline, talks with Joseph Martinez, renowned CPO, a Sourcing Hall of Fame member, and one of the Top 100 Supply Chain Leaders globally according to Supply Chain Digital Magazine.
In the podcast, Mr. Martinez discusses the accelerating transformation of procurement operations from Transactional (1990s-2000s) to Operational (2010-2020) to Strategic (2021 and beyond), and the challenges and opportunities this presents for procurement organizations and the CPOs who lead them.
- Strategic elevation of procurement and the supply chain
- New procurement technologies, including AI, ML, and robotic process automation
- Standardized taxonomies and the value of speaking the same “language” across the ecosystem
- Using data analytics to glean insight from information
- Why the formula, “people, process, and technology,” must start with processes
- How to build a more strategic buying team (and be a more strategic CPO)